Staff Application Process
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position with The Painted Turtle.
Summer staff must:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have the physical and mental capability of caring for campers and upholding all safety standards
- Commit to the entire length of the summer, including attendance at our mandatory All-Staff Orientation. If you are unable to commit to an entire summer, consider joining our team as a week-long volunteer.
- Live on-site at camp for the duration of the summer
- Complete all pieces of the application process, including online application, phone interviews, and three references (no family/friends)
- Complete and submit all medical requirements, including a physical (signed by a physician), proof of current immunizations (including MMR, Chicken Pox, Tetanus, TB test), and proof of health insurance
- Pass a criminal background check (provided by The Painted Turtle)
- Be a solution-oriented, flexible, positive team player and work with our staff and volunteer community collaboratively and effectively
- Embrace our philosophy of playful professionalism: put your campers needs first at all times, engage campers in their camp experience while keeping them safe, and have contagious enthusiasm for camp
- Dedicate yourself to giving campers the best week of their lives and have fun while doing it!