Volunteer Requirements and Application
Welcome volunteer applicants! We appreciate your interest in getting involved with our program.
We are currently accepting applications for volunteer positions for our 2019 Summer Sessions.
All new and returning volunteers may apply by completing an online application. We accept applications on a rolling basis and we recommend applying as far in advance of the session(s) you wish to attend. Please note that the deadline for all requirements is two weeks prior to a family weekend or four weeks prior to a summer session.
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have the physical and mental capability to care for campers
- Complete all pieces of the application process, including online application on Campsite, phone interview, and three professional references
- Complete and submit all medical requirements pertaining to your volunteer opportunity as stated in our 2019 Medical Requirements form (located on your Campsite Account under the “General” section within “Staff Forms”).
- Pass a criminal background check. If you are a US Citizen, The Painted Turtle will run the background check. If you are from outside of the US, you must provide a police certificate or its equivalent that will fulfill our background check requirements. Please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding international background check clearance.
- Attend an orientation on your scheduled arrival day
- Commit to the entire length of the volunteer session
- Work with our staff and volunteer team collaboratively and effectively
2019 Summer Sessions
- Skeletal Dysplasia: June 6‐10 (Volunteer Arrival on June 5)
- Rheumatic Diseases and IBD: June 14‐19 (Volunteer Arrival on June 13)
- Kidney Disease and Transplant: June 23‐28 (Volunteer Arrival on June 22)
- Spina Bifida, Ataxia, Orthopedic and Metabolic Conditions: July 7‐11 (Volunteer Arrival on July 6)
- Neuromuscular and Genetic Conditions: July 15‐19 (Volunteer Arrival on July 14)
- Hemophilia/vWD and Thalassemia: July 23‐28 (Volunteer Arrival on July 22)
- Liver Disease and Transplant, IBD, PIDD, and TPN: August 1‐5 (Volunteer Arrival on July 31)
- Sibling: August 9‐13 (Volunteer Arrival on August 8)
2019 Spring Family Weekends
- Neuromuscular and Genetic Family Weekend: March 1-3
- Spina Bifida Family Weekend: March 15-17
- Rheumatic Diseases and IBDSpina Bifida Family Weekend: March 29-31
- Pulmonary Hypertension Family Weekend: April 12-15
2019 Fall Family Weekends
- Epilepsy Family Weekend: September 20-22
- Inhibitor Family Weekend: September 27-30
- Kidney Disease and Transplant Family Weekend: October 18-20
- Rheumatic Diseases Family Weekend: November 1-3
- Campamento para Familias: November 15-17
One Day Camp Events
Camper Holiday Gathering: December 7, 2019
How to apply
All volunteer applicants will be contacted after submitting their application. New applicants will need to complete a phone interview, reference checks, and if accepted, medical paperwork and a background check.
Please be sure to complete each relevant portion of the application; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Volunteers and staff must be at least 19 years of age by their arrival to camp.
For volunteer inquiries please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 310-451-1353 x108.